Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring

This week, spring feels like it has arrived!  The weather has been awesome the last couple days, and we have been doing a lot of this:
One of our favorite things to do is sit out front and blow bubbles.  Gracie likes to blow them and catch them...and her favorite are the "princess" bubbles in a castle container with Disney princesses on them.

Yesterday, our church had an egg hunt after service, complete with a helicopter dropping a couple thousand eggs to add to the ones already on the grass.  Gracie was pretty overwhelmed by the noise and wind from it that when they said go she didn't move and missed out on the eggs on the preschool side.  Thankfully, a big kid grabbed some and scooped them into her little basket!
She was excited about the candy, and I did let her have a piece after lunch.  When she asked for more, I thought it was important to take that time to educate her...so go ahead and ask her what happens if you eat too much candy?  She will tell it to you straight, 'your teeth will fall out'.  That's my girl.

Before the sunshine arrived, we took advantage of the rainy weather to do some Easter things...like dying eggs:
Currently there is one dozen dyed, stickered, and VERY cracked Easter eggs in our refrigerator custom made by none other than Gracie herself.

Then I bought a craft project and had Gracie all excited to make it after her nap.  It was JUNK and didn't even have enough stuff to make the craft!  I improvised and got out the felt and glue gun and we made an Easter Bunny.  The funniest part was when Gracie insisted it needed a belly button and chose a googly eye as the perfect thing.  She is very proud of that belly button!
(This picture might be before I glued the belly button...but not to worry...it is there!

The spring weather is reminder that Charlotte will be here before we know it.  Tim has been working so hard and work and has very little days off, but tonight he is painting her room.  I can't wait for it to be done so I can start decorating!  We have not had much 'family time' so when he is home early (like tonight) we take advantage of it by making dinner as a family and dancing around the kitchen while we do it! 

Gracie is growing like a weed, and I know I am biased, but her little personality grows cuter every day.  I am so blessed to be a mommy to such a fun, smart, compassionate little girl.  She will help with ANY task I ask her to, from helping to empty the dishwasher and putting away laundry to throwing away her own dirty diapers!  She always wants me to kiss her owies and if I hurt myself she is quick to say 'you okay mommy?  you want me to kiss it?' 

These last three months of this pregnancy will fly by, and my Gracie will not be my only baby.  But I have realized she is not a baby anymore anyway.  And that's sad.  I am almost 26 weeks now (6 1/2 months) and will have a planned C-Section in the first week of July.  I am excited to have everything planned, but believe me, I will have my hospital bag packed WAY early just in case!  My doctor is going on vacation the last weekend in June, so lets HOPE this baby doesn't choose that week to be born!  Have I mentioned how much I love my doctor?  I have not had many doctors in my life for any reason, but he is the best.  He was crushed when Gracie was so early and I would have to go to another hospital where he didn't have doctors' rights.  He called me every day, said how worried he was, made sure they were taking good care of me, etc.  He never rushes me at doctor visits, but is firm..."No, I am not taking this baby out before my vacation!" haha...darn, it was worth a try!  So Charlotte, Mommy and Daddy INSIST you only let Dr. Phelan be the one to take you out of me!  Pretty please???

Happy Spring!  Summer is around the corner...




2 comments:

  1. I love you all SO much and am so blessed to have you in my life ... can't wait to meet Charlotte! Mom/Ma/Gammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's just hope charlotte doesn't come as quickly as gemma! gracie must be so excited to be a big sister. you'll have to give me pointers on how to get those cute hair clips to stay in! have been trying with gemma for a couple weeks now and she just rips them right out. Stinker!

    ReplyDelete