Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anticipation

Tomorrow is the day.  Last night I was remembering what my swim coach always used to say about sleep before a big meet.  He would say the night BEFORE the night before a big meet is when you want to focus on getting a good night's sleep...This is not any different to me.  Tomorrow is my "big meet" and considering I haven't been able to sleep much ANY night, last night I got a little more than usual.  Tonight I do not plan on getting much sleep, especially since we will have to be up and out the door at 5:30 anyway. 

Today I have been treasuring my time with Gracie (right now she is napping...) since it is her last day as an only child...and only grandchild...and only great-grandchild!  I know that giving her a sister is a great gift, but I can't help but feel a little sad that it won't just be the three of us anymore.  I have been super emotional about it today (but I am so sensitive anyway with all the excitement, worry, lack of sleep, etc) and we have been playing, watching movies, and eating special treats together.  I am grateful that I have had nearly two and a half years with her alone.  How could I not love spending every day with this face!?


So tomorrow I will have faith that everything will go smoothly, God will guide Dr. Phelan's hands to deliver a HEALTHY baby girl to add to our family.  I have faith that I will be safe, she will be safe, and I will rest in the fact that this time it will be different...I will recover WITH my baby and go home with my baby. 
"Be still and know that I am God."  Thanks for the reminder today, Kristy!

No comments:

Post a Comment