Thursday, April 11, 2013
The Life of A Stay at Home Mom
Last year when Tim and I made the decision to trust God and have me stay at home I had some idea of what my new life would be. The cooking and cleaning were a given. I knew there would be library trips, play dates, and grocery shopping. Usually my days are a juggle just cleaning up spills and spit up, diffusing tantrums, playing dress-up and pretend, dancing with my girls to music. Today something dawned on me. Today was one of the days I was watching Jordyn, the most adorable 5 month old who is SO EASY. Today, shortly after I woke up, I put a whole chicken in the crock pot to roast for dinner. I stuffed the cavity with orange slices because I didn't have any onion, but I really didn't have any idea what I was doing. Guess what...when I looked up how long to cook the chicken I came across a recipe putting oranges in the cavity! I just did it hoping it would work. Today my child came down with a fever...and not a low one- nearly 103. I made her comfy, gave her medicine and a popsicle and went on with my day. If I were working I probably could have pulled off the chicken thanks to the wonderful crock pot, but I would not have been the one to give my girl the first snuggles when she didn't feel good. Today while all three kids napped (thank you, naps!!) I made cookies so my big girl could have a yummy treat when she feels better. Today I watched my baby girl reach another small milestone on her way to crawling...going from a sitting position to crawling position. I know it's not a big thing but I was there to see it. Today I am beyond thankful. I look around at my tiny, less-than-perfect, toys everywhere house and know that there is NOTHING else I would rather be doing with my days, especially while my babies are still babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Written beautifully! You are so right on. Being there with your kids even in the smallest moments are so special. What a blessing!
ReplyDelete