Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby #2 and Belly Pic


We had our first appointment and untrasound for the little "jelly bean" this morning.  I was soooo nervous because of the miscarriage we had last spring, and I just wanted to see that everything was okay.  Sorry about the picture...it's the only one we got...you can barely see the head and eye sockets right in the middle.  My doctor is so compassionate and knew I didn't want to see the screen until he knew everything was fine.  A minute later he told me to look at the screen to our the baby wiggling and kicking all over the place!  I was still nervous and said "can you see the heart beat?"  to which he laughed and told me it wouldn't be moving all over the place without one!  We are very excited, and I am finally letting myself get attached to our new baby.  Our due date is July 13th, but since I will have another C-section, he will deliver at 39 weeks, which makes it right about the 4th of July! 

I am feeling good, just tired.  I have had nauseousness off and on, but it's never too bad.  I certainly can't complain.  I have noticed, however, how quickly your body knows what to do the second time around, and I have already outgrown a couple pairs of jeans!  I am actually a fan of maternity clothes, and I am excited to have a belly quicker this time around.  I was at that awkward stage for so long with Gracie and my students at school didn't even know until I was nearly 7 months pregnant!  This time, I made it a question on their final exam before Christmas, and it was fun when they came up to turn in their test and gave me smiles and whispers of "congratulations!" and hugs.  Some thought it was a trick question... "but you don't LOOK pregnant!?"  Kids are so funny. 


Because it was requested, here is a picture I took today... nearly 13 weeks



1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Congrats you guys! We r due just a 10 weeks apart or so! Its so exciting how fast your body starts changing the second time around!

    ReplyDelete