Friday, January 6, 2012

Our Very Capable Little Girl...and loving it!

Gracie is about to turn two, and I am loving this age!  She is so happy, is down to one GREAT nap a day, and is mommy's biggest helper!  I am not complaining at all, I am glad she is falling in to the helper role naturally.  Being pregnant and having a cold I can't seem to shake, it is nice when she comes to me telling me she needs a diaper and I can say, "can you get mommy a diaper and the wipes?"  She goes and gets me a diaper, goes back and gets me the wipes, and after I am done, puts the wipes back!  In the mornings lately, I will send her to her room to pick out her clothes.  She comes back and hands me pants and then goes back for a shirt...and most of the time she does a pretty good job! 

This was today:
Pink shirt and pink pants!  Not what I would have chosen, but hey, we are just playing at home and maybe going to the park...so no need for mommy to be fashion police :)


I am hoping my little helper continues to embrace her role after her brother or sister is born.  And my tall order also includes her wanting to be potty trained by then too!  We will see how it goes, but in the meantime, she can continue putting things away, closing doors behind us, throwing things in the trash, carrying things, and anything else she wants to help with!

No comments:

Post a Comment