Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

This year I was a little bummed because Tim not only had to work all day on Mother's Day, but also had to fly out right after work to head to LA for Mini.  I had already been awake since about 4:00 (I have not been sleeping a lot at night lately) so we waited for Gracie to wake up and I opened my cards and gift.  I taught Tim well because he SCORED on a new Coach purse for me at the outlets and I love it.  We met with his parents for an early visit before he was off to work.  Then my mom, Gracie, and I did our annual trip to Denios to browse and get my mom her corn dog and a beer (it's tradition!).  Gracie even had her first corn dog and liked it a lot.  We got some deals and great produce (the yummiest pineapple!) and headed home.  Then, after a rest, she took us to Spaghetti Factory (my FAV place) and we had a great dinner.  She offered to stay the nights with me while Tim was gone and even watched Gracie on Monday.  I came home from work to a clean house with dishes and laundry done!  I had an awesome Mother's Day, even though I know Tim wished he could have been there. 

I am so thankful for the gift of being able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mother.  I do not take it for granted that there are women out there who want to be mothers and can't.  I reflected on one year ago when my Mother's Day was the same weekend as our miscarriage.  I was already a mommy to my amazing Gracie, but knowing that I was also celebrating that year having just lost a child was horrible.  Just one year later here I am, 7 weeks away from another wonderful blessing and I couldn't be more thankful to God for giving us this baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment