Friday, June 27, 2014

7 years

This week Tim and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.  I say this every year but I really do look back on that day and have such great memories.  The best thing Tim and I did was take someone's advice to take some time during the reception to walk away a little bit to be able to look at "your party" from a distance and get that visual memory.  We walked a little bit away from the reception and everyone dancing on the deck and just stood there and watched as brand new husband and wife.  We looked at the circle of support we have. We admired how many people love us and were there enjoying this day with us.  Then we went back to re-join our party.  I have a couple of regrets but for the most part would have done everything the same.  I don't believe there is any wedding that is "the perfect wedding" but our wedding was perfect for us...partly because it wasn't perfect because we aren't perfect.  With that said, I wouldn't have left that night for our honeymoon...we took a flight around midnight to Aruba and were so exhausted by the time we got there that we had to recuperate and lost some time.  This year it was fun because Gracie is old enough to understand what an anniversary is and she was so excited about it.  She still doesn't understand why she didn't get to be at the wedding ;) This year we did something really fun to celebrate.  I saw a Groupon for PaintNite and one of them happened to be on June 23rd.  My Aunt Carrie came and stayed with the girls and we enjoyed dinner and drinks and then painted our masterpieces...haha...but they are perfect for the play room.  The girls were very impressed!



Here is a note Gracie made us...Tim and me holding hands at our wedding...and that is her at the bottom...like I said, she REALLY wanted to be there!



No comments:

Post a Comment