Friday, June 27, 2014

Grand Floral Parade

The highlight of the Rose Festival here in Portland is the Grand Floral Parade.  This parade is four miles long downtown and everyone goes.  People save their spots the night before to get a good seat!  We weren't that crazy but I knew the girls would really enjoy it.  Tim was working since it was a Saturday so the girls and I took MAX for the first time.  We got on a VERY full train well over an hour before the parade started.  We got a GREAT seat and I was glad I brought a blanket to sit on because the girls needed it to stay warm...it was COLD! I brought snacks, lunch, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk to keep the girls occupied for over an hour before the parade actually got to us.  There were over 80 entrants so it was a long parade but I was so impressed.  The bands were amazing and the girls were clapping and bouncing to the music.  There were "rodeo princesses" which were Gracie's favorite.  Charlotte liked waving at everyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment