This was Gracie's gift to her and she loved it!
We had her party on Thursday. It was unconventional and I felt terrible because I didn't even think about people having to fight rush hour to get here. I was thinking of the holiday weekend, Tim's day off, and my brother and sister in law being in town. I began planning awhile back beginning with ideas from Pinterest for an Elmo birthday. Gracie was never into Elmo or Sesame Street when she was little (hers was a Bubble Guppy party) but Elmo is Charlotte's favorite so I knew it would be the perfect theme. I really just did accents of Elmo with lots of color. I was so glad nearly everyone we invited was able to come to our little house...but we made it work! Thanks to a great rental company we had tables and chairs and even a kids table and chairs. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of party planning and especially diy projects for parties. I saw the Elmo cupcakes on Pinterest and knew we had to do those for the kids, and we had a "Pin the nose on Elmo" game on the patio. Charlotte had a great time but was exhausted by the time it was over...and so was I! We are thankful to everyone who could be here to celebrate our little Charlotte, but we missed our far away friends and family!
No comments:
Post a Comment