Monday, July 21, 2014

Sisters and Sleepovers

Dear Gracie and Charlotte,
Tonight we pushed your beds together because we are getting ready to paint your room. I told Gracie to stay in her own bed and be a role model so Charlotte would go to sleep. Over an hour after Daddy and I put you to bed you were still making noise. I went upstairs to see what you were doing and I stood outside your door in the dark. You didn't know I was there and I was ready to just you and tell you to quiet down and go to sleep. But do you know what I heard? I heard Gracie telling you, Charlotte, "I love you bigger than the mountains" then I heard you babble back to her in your sweet little language. You guys went back and forth like that and then Gracie read you a story. Then you asked her to read you another one and she did. Then she said she was tired and you needed to lay down and then offered to let you lay with her on her bed. She got you your frog and "beem" (blanket) and snuggled with you. Then I heard one more thing.
Gracie "you see that on the wall? The shadow from the window?" 
Charlotte "yesh"
Gracie "that's a picture God made just for you"
And just like that my heart was a puddle on the carpet of the dark hallway.
You were breaking my rule. But do you know what? I didn't care. At. All. 
You two were making memories. You are sisters and you were doing what sisters are supposed to do. Talk. Giggle. Be there for each other. I hope nights like these stick in your memory because I know it will stick in mine. We love you all te way to the sun.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment