Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Yet Another Potty Training Post...
I was very discouraged after day one of potty training (last Wed). I even went to bed Wed night thinking...this stinks...I am waiting another few months to go through this again! Then, Thursday morning, Gracie woke up dry. Not one drop in the pull-up. What the??!! She wanted to put on panties. Alright...here we go again. I am gearing myself up for a day of cleaning up pee. Again, thankful for hardwood floors...much easier to clean up the stuff. Tim went in late that day and was going to get us coffee. I suggested we all go...but G wanted to wear her panties. I hesitated but said it was okay since it would only be a fifteen minute trip. She made the trip without an accident (AND earned herself a mini chocolate donut). Throughout the day we were mostly in panties and she only had one accident...and it devastated her because she was wearing her Rapunzel dress-up dress and then she had to be without it the rest of the day so it could be washed. Over the last few days she has been in panties when she is awake, even for outings (I just keep a radar of potties and don't stray too far from one). Yesterday we were in Placerville ALL DAY and went to an event outdoors and she made it! I ask her every once in awhile if I know it has been awhile since she has gone, but she stops what she is doing and says "I have to go potty" and that's it! She has even stopped asking for a reward...but we do sing a very ridiculous pee-pee song I made up that GRacie LOVES. I told Tim that this has been WAY too easy for potty training, especially our first child. She has been waking up dry from most naps and nights, but we will continue with pull-ups while sleeping just in case. Go Gracie!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment