Korbe (the cowboy) and me (the scarecrow)...
Not that there aren't great costumes at the store, but I like it when they have a costume that no one else has (plus, usually they can be made for less money, too) Gracie has been a flamingo and a garden gnome, but this year her costume evolved a little.
A happy flamingo...2010
Garden gnome on the move...2011
I showed her a picture of a "Diva Mermaid" costume I saw on Pinterest and she was in LOVE. Every day she would ask me if it was done. Finally I sat down to put the thing together and I was stumped. It was the whole mermaid part...which looked so cute online. So with the help of my mom, we brainstormed ideas...it could be Cinderella? No...wrong color blue...a fairy?...not appealing to Gracie. Then it hit me..."Gracie, do you want to be a Fairy PRINCESS?" and of course she loved the idea...My mom did the headpiece with a matching hat for Charlotte and matching wands and I did the dresses. I think they turned out pretty cute, and Gracie got a lot of compliments. I don't think I will make Charlotte put hers on again...tulle is not to comfy for an infant (what was I thinking?! :) so I will put her in something cozy on Halloween instead.
In Plymouth there was face painting, cupcake and bag decorating, pumpkin seed spitting contest...AND trick-or-treating. This was the part Gracie had been waiting for and had even practiced at home. She had a great time and after just a little trick-or-treating was happy to help hand out candy to the other kids (except when she got scared to DEATH by some of the costumes) On the way home she said "Halloween is scary!" I guess she is right!
Ready to go to Plymouth
One place had a little circus and gave out cotton candy!
Guarding the bowl
Charlotte not so happy in her fairy princess costume
Hanging out with "Grandma Jan"
Makai was a skeleton!
Gracie is thrilled she will get to wear her costume again in another week!










No comments:
Post a Comment