My grandparents are 83, and they can no longer travel so my mom and I took the girls to go see them. They have seen Gracie a few times, but it was the first time they saw Charlotte. Thankfully, the time in the car was MUCH less, only a few hours each way. For everyone's sanity, we stayed in a hotel which was great. It even had an indoor pool which Gracie LOVED. My grandparents can only handle short visits before they get too tired, so we did many short visits over the three days. My grandma (to the girls she is Granny Rose) and Gracie made cookies together, and both my grandma and grandpa "Grandad" sat with Charlotte several times. My Aunt Carole was even able to come for a visit, and I haven't seen her in several years so that was special.
Meeting Grandad
Snuggle time with Granny Rose
Aunt Carole
Resting back at the hotel (can you tell Gracie was exhausted!??)
A group shot attempt with the timer...not too bad! :)
Oh Chelsie, you are creating such wonderful memories for many generations! What a wonderful mom/daughter/granddaughter you are to make trips like these happen! (Isn't not "working" grand?!). And Tim is an awesome dad/husband to support you..and I don't mean financially, I mean emotionally support you to do things like this that are so important while he stays home alone. You are a sweet family and I feel blessed to know you and watch your babies grow!
ReplyDeleteKaren <3