Thursday, October 10, 2013

It happened.  The girls were playing happily and I decided to go through my pictures on my phone...because it was so full I couldn't take any more...and it hit me.  The last couple months in visuals.  Friends. Family.  All the emotions which have been easily masked by my tasks came like a freight train.  I had it all figured out when I came here.  I would join MOPS.  Gracie would start gymnastics and make friends at church.  I would meet moms at the park.  That's all good and well until it actually happens.  Here I am in the midst of the waiting.  Going to the park and slowly starting to talk to people.  There's one mom.  Her name is Alicia and we have talked a few times and she's really nice.  I know things won't be how they used to be with Linds and Reese and all our fun we had together.  Tomorrow I start MOPS.  I know the women won't necessarily be the "Michelles, Beccas, Melisas, Amandas, and Sarahs" that I am used to but they will be new and different...and nice.  It will be fine.  But in the meantime as I sit here in front of my fake fire with the girls in bed I am grateful for all the memories I am able to have in my little electronic device to look back at whenever I want...and I can look to the future- making memories in this house, and looking forward to the life we will create in this breathtakingly beautiful area we get to now call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment