This morning I began a new Bible study group through our church called Motherwise. It's a group for moms with kids of all ages, and I was looking forward to meeting more new people. I got to talking to a woman at my table and it turns out she and her family moved here almost four years ago from Granite Bay...small world! So when she asked how long we have been here my reply was, "we just moved here in October". After I said it I realized something. JUST moved here? I don't think it can be considered that anymore since we have been here almost FIVE months...at what point is it not considered a recent move? Six months? A year? All I know is these months have flown by. We finally changed banks which was one of the final pieces of the puzzle of residency. Now I am looking forward to getting myself a 503 area code...So long 916...been nice knowing you! On a serious note, it's still hard when we think about all our friends and family back in California but we definitely love visitors and our girls are lucky to be able to "see" family via Skype.
Gracie will be four in just a few days and her birthday will be celebrated a little differently but not any less special. Gracie, Anna, and Eden will get their nails and toes painted on Saturday while sipping sparkling cider out of champagne glasses...then we will walk to a wonderful cupcake store which also has a play area to enjoy a sweet treat. I adore the girls' moms and the girls get along so well so I know it will be a fun girly afternoon.
We hope our visitors keep coming! This month we have my Mom for a few days and then Tim's parents for their first visit, and we can't wait to show them around and all our favorite places! It's supposed to snow and rain when my mom is here so I hope the weather will be better for Tim and Roberta!
I was working on b-day invites tonight and wish Gracie could make it! Cait needs more girly friends. We ended up inviting 2 boys, her choice...I'm not sure how much they will like a Fancy Nancy Party!
ReplyDelete