On Thursday after swimming lessons we drive down to Medford to see my grandparents. My grandfather turned 85 and we were able to celebrate with him which was nice. He was also having more computer trouble so I was happy to be able to help with that! We got to the hotel in the afternoon and then met them for dinner at his favorite place, the Tin Tin Buffet (Chinese buffet). The girls had so much fun watching and feeding the Koi. After dinner we went back to his house for cake and gifts. The next morning we met them to have pictures taken. They don't have many pictures together and I wanted to also give them the gift of a nice picture with the girls as well. We just went to JC Penny and did a quick session. The girls were so well behaved...which shocked me since they didn't go to sleep until after 10pm and Charlotte was awake at 3 and 6 am! We said our goodbyes and then drove north to Grants Pass to go on the Rogue River Jet Boat. My grandfather had reservations last summer for us to go and then broke his hip so we postponed. This year he just got us the tickets and sent us. We had the greatest time! Both girls were loving going fast and getting wet. It helped that is was about 80 degrees out. They were the youngest on the boat and definitely having the most fun! We got home around 9:30 to a happy doggy and welcome note from Sara who was so sweet to stay at our house to take care of Lacie while we were gone! It was a long 36 hours but worth it.

Happy little traveler
Their first Dutch Bros!
Taking a break at a rest stop...Gracie looked at this later and said "I was being a grump" Yes, you were
Checking out the Koi
Helping Grandad with his cards
Cake!
Birthday hugs
I had to sneak a picture ;)
I told Gracie she didn't need her life jacket on yet...she disagreed
"I got really wet Mommy! Let's do it again!"
Wet and happy!
Charlotte fell asleep with food in her hand! This was unfortunately a short nap...but it's what we all felt like at this point!
No comments:
Post a Comment