Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day

We were so glad my mom could be with us for Mother's Day!  We began the day with getting ready for church and doing gifts.  The girls were so sweet and excited to give me their gifts they made.  Tim had taken them to the ceramics painting place awhile back and painted a platter and a cross.  He even put their hand prints on it.  This was my favorite part because years from now I can look back on how little their hands were.  Tim had also picked out a shepherds hook for me (he's a great listener!) I have been wanting one to hang our hummingbird feeder out front.  I also received new shirts from my mom which I was able to pick out when we went shopping just the two of us on Friday (which was a gift in itself!) She also gave me a neat wooden box for in the house.  My sweet mother in law sent a couple tops as well as some candles which smell so great!

We went to church and then Tim headed to work and we went to McMenamins in Troutdale for brunch with my dad and Debbie.  We enjoyed a very nice brunch and walking around the grounds of McMenamins.









When Tim got home from work my mom and I were able to go see a movie together.  We were so thrilled when we got there to find they sell Starbucks!  Laughing with my mom was the perfect way to end the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment