I try to live with an attitude of gratitude all the time and not just at Thanksgiving, but November is a good time to think about it even more.
Tonight I was looking through a box of pictures we have and came across this one.
This picture was about 13 years ago. People who haven't known me very long probably don't know what a huge part of my life babysitting was. It started with a babysitting class through the park district and my first job at 12 and took off. I spent nearly every weekend night babysitting and loved it. When I was in college I lived temporarily with Bob, Pam, and her kids Nicholas and Amanda. Between their family and one other family in the span of about five years I went to Cabo, Cancun, Vegas and Kauai twice. This particular picture was a Mexico trip for Thanksgiving. I went to babysit in the evenings but I was one of the family during the day and was treated so. It was an amazing chapter of my life and to think back on eating a non traditional Thanksgiving dinner overlooking the ocean still makes me smile and be very thankful for the opportunities I was given.
No comments:
Post a Comment