Friday, December 14, 2012

The Library

I took Gracie to the Library for the very first time.  On our way there I explained that we would see lots of books, and we can borrow some for awhile...then return them and do it all over again.  She was intrigued.  I also explained how it's a quiet place and we have to whisper...

We are blessed that we live near so many libraries.  Orangevale has one...but (sorry OV) it's pretty lame...I wouldn't mind the size, but the hours are so irregular it makes visits very challenging.  Folsom, however, has a very new, big, beautiful library with an awesome kids section with this window seat...oh it's heavenly.  So we went there...

Looking through the shelves...

This one looks good...!

Hmmm...let's find another...
 
 
She ended up choosing four books to bring home.  I am so pleased she has a love for reading just like I always have.  If it weren't for doing bedtime myself most nights and having an unpredictable infant, I would sit for an hour every night and read to her...most nights it's three books tops.  I am thinking of making her a library bag for her birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment