Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nothing like having your mom around...

My mom flew up for a quick visit to be here for my birthday!  We took a day trip to Pittock Mansion and I am so glad we did.  I had been wanting to see this place but I was unsure how the girls would do...old stuff, can't touch anything, fragile...you get the picture.  They did AMAZING! They loved all the "princess rooms" and fancy things.  The view was gorgeous and I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to actually live there.

On my birthday Tim got me Starbucks and my mom made Eggs Benedict (my favorite) and she had made chocolate dipped strawberries with the girls and then sent me off to get my nails done and do some shopping by myself...problem was it was Labor Day and the nail place was closed... so we changed plans.

We took my mom to Powell's Books...iconic to Portland...and we found some good things in there and the girls always love to look at books.  We also visited Tim at work and then my mom took us to dinner at Spaghetti Factory.  I won't go into too many details but after terrible service and a hair in the food, the dinner was free...but we made some memories and we went home and had some cake.

The next day my mom stayed with the girls and I got to go enjoy a manicure and pedicure and do some shopping and I had a great time.  It was definitely a birthday treat, thanks mom!!

Gracie took this picture...pretty good for 4 years old!

A princess and her castle








The girls and my mom decorated the dining room and it was beautiful




Gracie...!


Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment