So last week we went in for our 20 week ultrasound and though we were happy to find out she is "still" a girl, the results were scary to me. They told me the next day that everything that was seen was normal, but they needed to see me again for the heart and brain. Not fun for me to hear...especially considering I was watching the tech (who was one of those who doesn't say A WORD...for like the whole HOUR) and she was measuring and circling an area in the brain which I was convinced by that afternoon was a cyst. Word to the wise...never google cyst on the brain in a fetus, it is NOT good. So after freaking myself out, the last place I wanted to have them have to look at a second time was the brain.
Insert lots of kind words and prayers from friends and family and fast-forward to today.
Today was my re-scan. Tim couldn't take off work and I told him that was fine since my Mom offered to take off work and go with me. The last thing I needed was to find out bad news and be all alone. We had the same tech that did Gracie's scan, and she is AMAZING...along the Amazing Cindy at Invision 3D amazing...She was so chatty and was reassuring. She even gave us great profile pictures which they didn't give us last week. She said she wanted to do some extras, just because she hadn't scanned this baby before. She even confirmed GIRL a third time (as if I need more convincing by now) She was fast, accurate, and told me she got all the pictures they needed. THEN came the good part...she said that the Radiologist who looked at my pictures last week was there and if we waited 5-10 minutes she could tell us...you mean I can find out RIGHT NOW if everything is okay and not wait until tomorrow like everyone else????!!! And 10 minutes later she came and found us in the waiting room, said the Radiologist gave the thumbs up, and we were good to go! Boy, was I happy. I felt like I had just has 100 pounds lifted off my shoulders. So above is our little Charlotte Rose, literally a carbon copy of Gracie's 20 week profile picture...

No comments:
Post a Comment