Monday, February 20, 2012

Tomorrow


Tomorrow is our 20 week ultrasound.  I am excited.  I am also nervous.  I guess it is normal since they check your growing baby head to toe and every organ...and then make you wait several days for results to know that everything is okay.  I am also a tiny bit nervous about a second peek at the goods...or in this case, the lack thereof.  I want another confirmation that this baby is, in fact, a girl.  I had my mind made up early on that this was a boy.  I was sooooo close to ordering embroidered onesies, THAT's how sure.  When the AMAZING Cindy at Invision 3D (...ever since she had to do tricks, plead with, and force our stubborn Gracie to show her the goods, or lack thereof, I preface her name with AMAZING) delivered the news that we were having another girl I have been able to get more and more excited to have another little princess to dress up, do hair, etc...AND to give Gracie a sister.  We have been this close to picking a paint color and this close to getting fabric to make burp cloths, a car seat tent, etc.  But I. held. off.  Why?  The AMAZING Cindy is never wrong.  Well almost never.  I don't think she is wrong in this case.  I just want another set of eyes to take a peek and deliver the same news.  Girl.  That is, unless this little chickadee decides to be like her sister and sit criss-cross applesauce with her bootie smashed up with no chance of sneaking a peek.  And those ultrasound techs, they may be a little amazing, but they won't take the time to do tricks, plead with, and force a baby to show...they will just say, "sorry, baby is not in a good position, we can't tell you at this time" and send you on your way.  In which time you can BET that I will call the AMAZING Cindy and ask her to take a second peek.  :)  And because she is so AMAZING, I bet she will. 
I am excited for tomorrow.  I will force myself to not be nervous, have faith that God is not going to play with me and let me think boy, then girl, and then do a switcheroo, and be over-the-moon excited to see our baby on the screen.  Then I will go buy paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment