Gracie is two...where has the time gone? We had the BEST day today...birthday princess thought 5:30 was a good time to wake up...after a little Bubble Guppies we headed to Starbucks to get her a special chocolate milk (quite the treat for her). Ran to Walmart for a couple party supplies and she got to get a giant pink ball that she can barely hold on her own. Then, it was nap time. She took a good morning nap (going to bed when most would be waking up!). Tim and I both took the day off to make the day special for her...so after nap we went shoe shopping, lunch, the park, and then to Icing on the Cupcake. She refused a second nap...so after a "noodles and sauce" dinner, she was in bed...at 6:00!! She was smiling pretty much the whole day, especially with some new pink sparkly shoes on her feet.
Gracie's birth story is a complicated one, and I couldn't help walk down memory lane a bit today...and being pregnant this makes me super emotional. She has grown so fast from the 4lb 7oz preemie who decided to grace the world with her presence five whole weeks early. Her two week NICU stay was a challenge for Tim and I, but made us grow tremendously as a couple. She has made up her developmental delays which were apparent when she was really little, and no, she didn't walk until she was nearly 16 months old, but when my baby is having full on conversations with me before she is even two it makes me forget she was ever behind. She counts to ten, says her ABC's (finally without skipping letters!), can get the G-R-A in her name, knows Twinkle Twinkle, the Barney song, and every Bubble Guppies song ever made. She amazed us, and Tim and I often look at each other like "did she just say that?" I know she will make an awesome big sister, in the next year will hopefully be potty trained, and I do not look forward to how quickly the time will go by from now until she is three!
No comments:
Post a Comment