Sunday, March 9, 2014
Commonwealth Lake Park
Since we have been here one of the things I have missed (besides The Habit) has been Lew Howard Park. We spent so many days there enjoying the park but more often you could find us there on a blanket beneath the old oak trees with a simple picnic dinner (usually deli sandwiches or Baja Fresh). It was one of the best kept secrets and we felt like it was "our" park. I have memories going there as a kid with my family, Senior Sunrise in high school, and many other times. Lew Howard is secluded and up on a hill. I have been scouring the internet and keeping my eyes peeled to find "our new park". Today we found something close. Commonwealth Lake is a small lake with lots of ducks and other wildlife with a path surrounding the whole thing. There are polliwogs to look at, birds and planes to watch, and bridges to cross. Today was a gorgeous day (gorgeous blue skies with cotton ball clouds and sixty-plus degrees) and the girls and I headed there to see what we could see. Tim was even able to meet us there after work. We spent three hours outside enjoying the sun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment