Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!

It started with being at Trader Joe's and seeing this:

I thought maybe I could make a pumpkin pie...or possibly pumpkin pancakes?

Then I promised Gracie yesterday that after she had a rest time we would make a treat with the rest of the chocolate chips I had in the pantry. I went on Pinterest to search and came across a pumpkin chocolate chip recipe that looked good. 

So I set everything up for her to make these almost all by herself. She even cracked four eggs leaving only a couple shells to pick out! She thinks it's so fun to "take and scrape" (as she calls it) measuring out and adding the baking powder.


We baked them and they. Are. Fantastic.



They have a nice "spice" flavor and are soooo moist. I think there is just enough chocolate to feel like a treat. 

Here is the recipe if anyone would like to try!

4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 can pumpkin
1 1/2 c oil
3 c flour
2t bkg soda 
1t bkg powder 
1 t salt
1 T pumpkin pie spice
2 c chocolate chips (I had semi sweet)

Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil
Combine flour, bkg soda, bkg powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt.
Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture

Bake at 400 for approx 17 minutes 
Makes 24 muffins

Happy Fall!





No comments:

Post a Comment