Last night we took the girls to Zoo Lights. We were not going to renew our membership to the zoo this year because of budgeting but my Aunt Carrie and Uncle Bob gifted us a membership to we are able to keep taking the girls and getting into Zoo Lights is one of the benefits! Last year when we went the train was closed for renovations but was back open this year! It was the highlight of the visit. The girls loved even the simplest of decorations. It had started to rain but (thank you Jesus!) didn't rain while we were there and started as we left! It was so magical to do the train with the girls and then walk around. I was glad we got there when we did though because the train line goes up to over an hour and the line to get into the zoo was hundreds deep! We had so much fun and the girls were still in bed by 8!

Another quick update on me...I have been virtually panic attack free for nearly a month! I stopped caffeine right before Thanksgiving and aside from one episode (note to self- going decaf does not mean one can have TWO decaf mochas in one day...that's still a junk load of caffeine! Oops learned my lesson)
Now I stick to one, sometimes two, cups of decaf coffee a day and limit chocolate tremendously. I don't have as much anxiety about night time anymore. Also, I thought I would have to fight grogginess every day not having a kick start to my day from caffeinated coffee but it's the opposite! I sleep about five hours and I wake up and am wide awake. I wake up more refreshed with less sleep. Go figure :)
This morning I woke around 4:40 and laid in bed awhile, prayed for a friend having surgery today, read my devotions, then decided to go get Tim and I a coffee at Black Rock and was in the drive thru at 5:30. Then I came home and sat by the lit up Christmas tree and just sat still in silence and decided to go shower. Now it's 7:00 and I'm ready for the day and it's still dark outside. What didn't I do? Clean. I could have, but who wants to do that first thing in the morning ;) My decaf coffee doesn't get me THAT far. Haha
Bottom line...I feel like myself again. I have said that before and things have gone right back to where they were when I was miserable. But things haven't been this good for this long so I remain hopeful that it's here to stay! Thank you, God. It's only by His grace that I am getting healed.















No comments:
Post a Comment