Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 17 2003

Eleven years ago I nervously got ready for my first date with a new guy.  Tonight, he and I will watch our preschooler in her first Christmas performance.

Eleven years ago we walked around in the cold December air in Nevada City, CA.  Tonight we will sit next to our two year old in the audience and afterward walk hand in hand in the crisp December air with both our girls to head to our home in Beaverton, OR.

Eleven years ago we ate dinner in a quaint little Mexican restaurant and learned about each other.  Tonight we will sit around the dinner table as a family and do our Advent activity and talk about our day.

Eleven years ago I wondered what would happen after that night.  Would he call?  Did he like me?  Would I see him again?  I know I wanted to.  Tonight I look across into the same man and thank God that he was chosen for me to be my partner in life and raise a family with.

We have been through ups and downs with finances.  We have had a traumatic birth of Gracie which included a NICU stay with a preemie.  We have moved into four homes, had two cats, a dog, and a fish.  We have belonged to three churches and made countless friends.  We have made lots and lots of mistakes, but we have made even more memories.

We have made a life...and it all began on December 17, 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment