Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!



Silent Night,
Holy Night,
All is Calm,
All is Bright.


As I woke around 3:00 this morning I decided to get up. I didn't feel tired and able to go back to sleep so I came downstairs. I sat on the couch by the light of the tree. 

It's a silent night. I reflect on the first Christmas and I'm thankful. It's a holy night. I remember the meaning of Christmas and think of the holiness that is this day. 

Holy night.
Amidst the fun and gift opening and yummy food that will be consumed, in my heart and mind it's a holy day first. 

All is calm.
I sit in the still of the night in the couch and everything is calm. There are no cars outside...just the twinkling of Christmas lights under a dark sky.

All is bright.
It's amazing to me how one Christmas tree can light an entire room. As soon as I plugged in the lights this morning I could see everything clear as day. Lots of little lights create a brightness that illuminates with a quiet force.

I'm thankful to be awake so early to be able to sit with my coffee and reflect on all I have to be thankful for, and it all started on a silent night over two thousand years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment