Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bye Bye Diapers!

I didn't want to be too premature with this...but we are on day three of panties with Charlotte. 
I didn't think this day was going to come, and I thought I would have to throw in the towel and try again after she turns 3 in a few weeks. 
BUT
We had progress.
Day one: this was a little spontaneous since I realized that the girls and I had 4 days we could dedicate to staying home. We got up on Saturday and Charlotte was so excited to put on her panties. I kept it simple- her Elmo potty in the family room with her toys and movies. She went and sat many times but nothing came. Except when she was playing and all the pee came out. All over the floor. Then again when she went to nap- only this time on the carpet. After that she woke up dry and spent many more times on the potty with no action. Then it happened. She sat and peed. Gracie and I were so excited. I think Charlotte was just as surprised. I rewarded her with the only treat I had in the house- rainbow sprinkles. She peed on the potty like 5 more times before bed. That gave me the encouragement I needed. Which is good because she woke me up at 2am because she peed the bed. Well at least days might be diaper free! 

Day 2: Sunday we stayed home from church. She peed in the potty all day, but had a #2 accident. She went to bed last night in panties and woke up dry. 

Day 3: we have a totally trained girl for pee, but I am still waiting for the poop to go in the potty and have bribed her with m&ms  if she does ;) We have a very excited little girl to wear panties and a very excited mommy and daddy who don't have to buy diapers ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment