Saturday, May 23, 2015

Raffi

Months ago I found Raffi on Facebook and started following him. Shortly after, I saw the announcement of a new tour and I saw he was going to be in Seattle. I called my mom and said she needed to fly up for the weekend so we could take a road trip with the girls to Seattle. Well it's a good thing we had to wait a few days because then he announced Portland as one of the cities! I got online and ordered tickets right away. The girls know all of his classics and it's usually the Pandora station we listen to at bath time. The time came and my mom flew up for the weekend. I also realized Charlotte didn't need a ticket and I had gotten one for her so we called my moms best friend Joanne and invited her to come with us! She is a retired reading specialist and has loved Raffi forever and used his music in her classroom years ago. I had my mom drop me off two hours before show time and I was first in line at the door (but only by a couple minutes!) and we ended up in the front row. The concert was magical. Gracie had made him a picture and wrote a letter and she reached right up to the stage and handed it to him.
After the concert we met Joanne's husband Mike who the girls love- and we had lunch and then they treated us at Papa Haydns for fancy dessert.








No comments:

Post a Comment