Greg hadn't been around us for very long, but everyone loved him. He was the kind of person who you could easily talk to. I think that's why it was so hard. I was substitute teaching the morning I got the call from Tim. Thankfully it was a PE class so we were outside and I had sunglasses on. As the students got involved in their activities I fought back tears the best I could. It was my first experience with death as an adult. Tim and I had just taken little Reese for part of the day so Kendal could be with Greg at the hospital the week or so before and I had the hardest time dealing with the fact that Tim and I were getting to do something with his precious little girl that he would never be able to do...taking her to the park and watching as she fell asleep in her car seat on the way back to her house. And as I stood there in the grass in the middle of a PE class a butterfly hovered near me. I was reminded that he will always be near those who loved him. He will always be hovering near Reese from a distance like a butterfly and can see from Heaven the beautiful girl she has become.
April 24th doesn't come and go without remembering. Greg, you left your friends and family too soon and we were REALLY enjoying getting to know you.
No comments:
Post a Comment