We began the day at the early service at church. The girls cooperated while being woken up and getting ready, we had plenty of time to get to church and even get a couple pictures of the girls before the headbands, necklaces, and shoes were abandoned for the day.
The girls both had great times in their classes and service was amazing. At one point I had my hand in my pocket and felt the tags for the girls (you know, the "ticket" to pick them up from their classes) and felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I try to live my life with a heart of gratitude but especially on a day like today I was feeling extra thankful for Jesus and for the fact I have little tags in my pockets because that means I have two little faces to be greeted with after service. As a parent, even on the bad days, I am thankful that those sometimes snot-filled and sometimes sassy faces are mine.
After church we headed home to let the girls open their Easter baskets. They were actually sitting out before church but I wasn't about to let them attack them AND try to make it to church by 7:30. So I did what any parent in my situation would do...I told Gracie that the Easter Bunny takes a short nap and delivers the rest of the baskets while the kids are at church.
They both loved their baskets...just a book, painting book, and jelly bellys (thanks mom!) and some orange play doh shaped like carrots, a new straw cup, and chocolate lollipop thing. Together they got The Lorax movie and new sidewalk chalk.
Then it was time to finish prepping for brunch. My dad and Debbie would be joining us as well as my Aunt Carrie and cousin Sara and my step brother Nick and his wife and their boys Xander and Cannon. Jen (my step sister in law) had seen the idea in Pinterest to do an egg hunt where each kid looks for one color egg...so we did that and had a lot of fun! The kids always have so much fun and play well together. It was so nice to spend the day with family just sitting and visiting. Tim was home for the morning and then had to head in to work...and just told me that he actually sold a car on Easter (I think they're nuts to be open...but my opinion doesn't count ;)
We hid the eggs in the park
Finding her purple eggs
Opening eggs while sitting in the dirt...doesn't care as long as her mouth is full of candy.
















No comments:
Post a Comment