Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Warm Day!

I joked to my grandfather the other day about Oregon's "bi-polar" weather. Don't get me wrong...I love it. Not too much of one thing for too long...raining buckets one minute and then break out the blue skies. Oh, the skies....so pretty. 
Today was in the low to mid 80s and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer than that...and then it will be in the 60s and rainy this weekend...bi-polar...
Today the girls and I took Tim an iced coffee for a treat at work this afternoon and then played at a park near his work until he got off (it was a slow day because who wants to be at a dealership in this weather, right!!!)
I was smart and remembered to dig out the  sunscreen before we left (has anyone seen how white my Charlotte is?!) 
We did the slides and the swings and we picked "daisies"...I call them daisies but I think they're actually some sort of weed...but oh, so pretty growing all over! Then we found "wish flowers" and taught Charlotte how to do them. Then we sat for not even ten seconds searching for ladybugs in the tall grass before we found one. It was warm. It was magical. 
This was what she did when deciding which wish flower to pick.



Telling me what she saw...

Ladybug! 

Tim has the next two days off and we are excited! 

Tonight he took the girls to do Mother's Day stuff and get them some dinner...daddy/daughter time. It gave me some time to walk around a store by myself! I love being in stores alone...especially since I have my own Mother's Day projects up my sleeve and I really needed to think without my little lovely distractions. Yesterday my dad was down and I got to go to Michaels all alone...I could have stayed there all afternoon! So two days in a row I got to be in a store by myself and I loved every minute. I feel so refreshed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment