Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lake Tahoe Getway

Over Memorial Day weekend my mom invited Gracie and I to her timeshare in Tahoe since Tim would be working all weekend.  Of course I jumped at the chance since it will be one of the last times I could comfortably go out of town before this baby is born.  My mom and I did this same thing a month or so before I got married and we had so much fun.  Of course with a two-year-old our weekend was a little different (before my wedding we went on a Woodwind cruise on the lake, did shopping, dinner out etc).  We got to Tahoe by dinner time and beat the snow that started to fall.  Surprisingly for being Memorial Day weekend, no one was there!  It was supposed to be awful weather but ended up being beautiful, just cold.  The timeshare has a full sized jaccuzzi in lieu of a bath and shower in the middle of every room, so of course Gracie loved that!  After she went to bed, my mom and I watched a movie while the snow fell outside.  We woke up to Gracie at 5:30 (I had tossed and turned all night too so we were all exhausted!) and of course she wants to go out on the deck and walk in the snow.  Since the resort seemed empty and she was pretty quiet, I let her.  Her little boot prints in the fresh snow were cute. 

We spent the day walking around, found an arts/crafts fair of local vendors, had lunch and then headed home.  It wasn't the most relaxing weekend for my mom and I, but it was a lot of fun!

Playing with Gammie


She had not seen a phone with a cord before!

Lunch in the beautiful sunshine

1 comment:

  1. The big day is a month from today, right? Super excited for you Chelsie:) Your mom looks great in this pics...so does Gracie though!

    ReplyDelete