Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Shower of Love

When I was newly pregnant my friend Sarah, from church, asked me if anyone had asked to do a Baby Shower for me.  I told her I didn't really need a shower though I appreciated the offer.  With the second baby, and then finding out it was another little girl, I just didn't think it was completely necessary.  When she responded with, "Every baby is a blessing, and every baby deserves a shower..." it made more sense to me.  Plus, we HAD given away almost all of Gracie's 0-6 month clothes...(at the time just having had a premie, and experiencing the NICU, I did not want to think about another baby and I was happy to give things away to friends!). 

The day started with my mom taking me for a pedicure.  This was not any pedicure...it was at Bellagio where I went to get pampered before my wedding, and have not been there since.  It is a place that, in my eyes, is more for a special occasion.  So we got our pedicures in spa chairs with salt scrubs and iced tea with relaxing music playing in the background.  It was heaven, and I have to admit my feet are beginning to swell just a little bit...with less than three weeks to go...but at least my toes will stay pretty!

Sarah had been planning for a long time.  She planned a onesie-decorating activity in lieu of games (I loved that idea) and even had people address envelopes and gave me thank-you notes to make sending them even easier!  She had planned the onesie-decorating for outside, but when the weather decided to be well over 100 degrees the tables were moved inside and it got a little cozy! 

I was so happy to see friends and family, and my step-mom Debbie even flew in from Washington to surprise me!  This baby was extremely blessed, and Gracie even received a few "big sister gifts" as well.  Next on the agenda is the hospital tour, installing the infant seat back in the car, and just a couple more Dr. appointments!

The hostess, Sarah

My mom and I

The decorating begins...

Me and my sassy girl!

Having fun...



Opening gifts...


Some of the art!


Time to put everything away!

No comments:

Post a Comment